Thursday, December 30, 2010

July 5th. Springfield to Champaign,IL.

July 5th. Springfield to Champaign,IL. Elevation: 738 ft. 97 miles. I started early-one of the 1st. ones out of the hotel. I decided to ride in the front as much as possible. It was a windy day and I rode with a pace-line of about 11 members. The road narrowed and the group pace-line fell apart. Rub Swordly, whose girl friend had just joined us the previous night to ride the remainder of the way had an accident (broke his clavicle ). Rub and his girl friend (Terry) left us the following day. I was pleased with myself because even though I was exhausted I continued hammering and managed to come in with the fast group. I forced myself to keep up with the pace. (2785) Site of Lincoln's Cabin, (2786) Holy Name Church, Champaign, IL. (2787) Park in Champaign.

No comments: