Monday, June 2, 2008

51 Miles to Sacramento

With the first day behind me, I awoke rested and less nervous to continue my journey. It was much warmer than yesterday which suits me well as I enjoy taking long rides in the summer heat. The course was well mapped this time and I had a strong ride keeping up with all the riders at the front of the pack.

The landscape was filled with wheat fields and other agricultural establishments. On the way we stopped in Davis, CA and went through the campus of University of California, Davis.

Compared to yesterday it was a much shorter ride measuring 52 miles. I completed around 1:45 pm and decided to walk around the area near our motel before dinner. Although the ride was easy I know that the next two days will be much more challenging as we begin our ascent up the Sierra Madre mountains.


View Larger Map

Tomorrow we ride to Auburn, Ca

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jose! Just wanted to wish you the best of luck and lots of good weather for this journey. I can't wait to meet you in Portsmouth, NH with Jelica, Bane and Daka!!!

Jelena