Friday, June 13, 2008

June 4th: Truckee, Here we Come!!

Wow.. Today we gained 5,820 ft. in elevation and rode 79.7 miles.

Brian Cox (Alhambra, CA.)and I got lost at the 21.8 mile. Took a wrong turn and descended 3 miles; it put us 40 minutes behind. I-80 East has to much traffic plus it has a lot of debris. We stopped at the 58.1 mile at a Burger King for a cup of hot chocolate, due to fact that it was too cold. As we climbed Emigrant Pass and Yuba Pass, we saw our first site of snow, high in the mountains. The climb to Donner Pass was a challenge; the descent and the view were magnificent! Amy and John ( couple from Buffalo,NY.)and I took pictures of the Donner's Party Monument.


Here are some pictures and video from the days journey.







Donner Pass was beautiful and such a reward after the long climb.



My Son & Daughter come up here to go Snowboarding but never on a bike!!


Yes... We're riding next to 18 wheelers on I-80 East.



No comments: