Monday, June 16, 2008

June 5th: Down the Hill to Sparks, NV!

Today we had a beautiful ride in the Tahoe area. We rode a total 69.9 miles and had to climb Mt Rose. Truckee was 25 degrees in the morning!!

We proceeded to Lake Tahoe and took photos from different sites along the shoreline. Here are a few pictures from Tahoe.


Here's a picture that I tool of a scenic pier stretching out into the Lake.

At the Squaw Valley Entrance, Skip,Don, Fred(Atlanta,Georgia)and myself took group pictures.


Welcome to Nevada... I've crossed the state of California!!


Just when I thought it was all down hill I had to climb Mt. Rose. The ride to the Summit of Mt. Rose is 8.2 miles long with a 6 or 7% grade. The descent is 16 miles long and gained speed of 43 miles/hr. Mt. Rose Summit is 8,991 ft. We couldn't have had a more beautiful day.


Some Video Scenery of Beautiful Lake Tahoe.


What an amazing day.



No comments: