Sunday, January 2, 2011

July 20th. Latham,NY. to Brattleboro,VT.

July 20th. Latham,NY. to Brattleboro,VT. Elevation: 226 ft. 75.7 miles. I rode with several groups, but for the great part of the day I rode alone. Got to the Vermont State Border with Tom Montville and Don Chism and Skip King. Proceeded by myself and arrived at Bennington and visited the tower commemorating the Battle of Bennington. For some reason I believe I was here with Jelica, my wife when she was pregnant with Margarita and we traveled to my brother's wedding in 1976. After Bennington I enjoyed the company of Forrest, Gary and Debra for a while. Don, Skip and Audrey went to see a cover bridge unique to Vermont. Don caught up with us by Wilmington SAG stop and we stopped by the Hot Dog Stand. Don and I took some pictures at Hogback Mountain Summit. Eight miles before reaching the motel, I was caught in a heavy storm lightening, rain, thunder and hail, I arrived soaking wet.

No comments: